- Overseas the mechanical shop operations ensuring that ALL standards operating procedures are observed.
Job Description and Standards:
- Reports to Service Manager.
- Assists technicians assigned to his team in performing assigned job/s.
- Ensures that Standards Operating Procedures are followed in performing the repairs/services of the vehicles :
- Repair Order/s (R.O.) are placed in the windshield of concerned vehicle.
- Fender covers and seat covers are utilized.
- ONLY repairs that are indicated in the R.O. are actually being performed.
- Units are kept clean during and after each repair/service.
- Recommended and additional repairs are indicated in RO
- RO’s are surrendered to the job controller after completion of the job completion of the job indicated there in.
- Ensures that productivity and efficiency is kept at 90% and 120% respectively.
- Conducts initial static quality control on all finished units and roadtests units if necessary.
- Handles problematic repairs and/or assist technicians in the repairs of such.
- Ensures that back jobs are eliminated and in cases of repeat job, ensures that the job will be done correctly and all customer concerns are addressed.
- Monitors work in progress and ensures that flat rate time is observed by technicians.
- Keeps oneself abreast with the latest technical bulletin and announcement from the manufacturers.
- Studies new products and technicians on its new features and changes in repair/service procedures, if any.
- Attends trainings and seminars whether dealership or manufacturers initiated when instructed upon.
- Practices and promotes 5S in the work area.
- Disciplines personnel under his supervision and ensures that company policy and procedures are observed and penalize erring employees in coordination with HRAD.
- Attendance (promptness and presence at work) is above average.